In an industry first, Virox® Technologies, has taken a leading, pro-active approach to keeping spas and salons safe for their employees and clients. “Providing education for the effective use of our patented disinfectant technology within healthcare facilities, on cruise ships and airplanes, and even in outer space (aboard the International Space Station), has enabled us to introduce this exciting initiative to the professional beauty market,” announced Nicole Kenny, Vice President of Professional and Technical Services at Virox Technologies.
The company has launched a FREE online tool that creates customized cleaning and disinfecting protocols tailored to the individual needs of professional beauty facilities across America. The spread of viruses and bacteria through surface contamination is one of the ways infections can proliferate but it’s the “least understood method of outbreak prevention,” reveals Kenny.
Salons and spas have been particularly hard hit by the coronavirus pandemic. They were the first to be closed, the last to open and continue to face an uncertain future given the threat of resurgence and the onset of the flu season just months away. If the professional beauty industry is to continue to open its doors with confidence, they’ll need to use every means possible to create safe, germ-free environments for their staff and general public.
“How, where and when to disinfect high-touch surfaces, equipment and devices is not as intuitive as wearing a mask, hand sanitizing or maintaining social distancing,” says Kenny. The significance for the salon and spa worker is the risk of physical exposure to deadly pathogens that can remain a source of infection for days if not dealt with properly.
Virox’s online tool is a much-needed resource that simplifies disinfection by pinpointing at-risk areas and providing step by step instructions to eliminate viruses and bacteria in their tracks. “For the first time, customized protocols created by individual salons or spas take the guesswork out of disinfection” says Kenny “facilitating the highest standard of protection, user compliance and most importantly—individual safety.”
The tool provides a comprehensive audit of a facility’s work stations, treatment/service areas, points of client interaction (e.g. reception) and other spaces like washrooms and break rooms to build a complete set of tailor-made guidelines. “The new Learn About Rejuvenate site is just what the salon industry needed to make pandemic cleanliness one less stress to deal with. The protocol builder is user friendly, gives salons and spas of every size the ability to create consistent disinfection protocols that are even customizable with their own logo. I’m making a protocol for myself that will be visible for clients and sharing the link with all my fellow professionals and followers!” says Holly Shippers aka FingerNailFixer, Industry Advocate, Blogger, Global Educator. It makes for a consistent approach to preparing salons and spas before, during and after each client service.
Salons and spas can now feel more confident in their workplace environments knowing there are professional protocols in place to address lingering pathogens. “But there were many additional challenges we were looking to overcome when we developed this tool” points out Nicole Kenny:
- Delivering Consistency: Stopping the spread of pathogens is a team effort—everyone needs to do their part. However, we’ve discovered that when it comes to disinfection, there were widely different practices and levels of awareness with regard to proper product selection, application and use directions. “Our tool does away with all that by providing for a single standard of germicidal activity when it comes to facility disinfection ensuring the job is done correctly every time” says Kenny.
- A Focused Way of Thinking: Not all areas within a salon or spa pose the same risk level of exposure to pathogens. And while it’s good to take additional precautions during any kind of on outbreak, awareness of high client touch points should be especially noted. “By isolating each workstation, each treatment area and each potential opportunity for cross contamination and infection, our tool targets hotspots within a facility so extra measures can be taken to keep everyone safe” maintains Kenny.
- Achieving a Higher Standard: The protocols resulting from use of this tool were developed to not to just meet state and cosmetology guidelines but exceed them. “We only recommend the use of hospital grade disinfectants, with EPA approved efficacy against coronavirus and fast, achievable contact times of 1 minute against viruses and bacteria” asserts Kenny.
- A Client Facing Approach: Once a salon or spa creates their customized protocols, they can save them to their account for future updating but more importantly they can print them out for posting near each workstation and treatment area. “Not only will this remind staff of their cleaning and disinfecting responsibilities between each appointment but clients are presented with a visual reminder that proper disinfection practices are in place and being regularly practiced” says Kenny.
- Provides Confidence: In times of uncertainty, beauty professionals and their clients alike need reassurances to know salons and spas are doing everything they can to make for a safe environment free from the potential exposure to deadly pathogens. “Our protocol builder delivers confidence to overcome an unseen enemy that thrives very much in the open, contaminating surfaces that can become a source for infection” warns Kenny.
Virox’s protocol builder specifically designed for salons and spas has been met with great anticipation attaining over a thousand pre-launch sign-ups. “We are very excited to avail this invaluable tool to our clients and help communicate the importance of infection prevention to staff and customers alike” says Karen Short, CEO of Universal Companies—supplier to over 30,000 American spas and salons. In so doing, Virox Technologies has made the deadly presence of pathogens one less thing the professional beauty industry needs to worry about as they get back to doing business in the new norm. To learn more about this new online application, please visit LearnAboutRejuvenate.com or watch VIDEO.
About Virox Technologies
Virox® Technologies has been formulating revolutionary disinfectants for the war against pathogens for more than 20 years. As the creators of the Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide® (AHP®) technology behind Rejuvenate™, we are committed to providing safer, more sustainable solutions to support a wide range of industries in building robust infection prevention programs. In addition to developing innovative products, we are equally committed to providing education and technical support to help facilities optimize their infection prevention protocols. Using Rejuvenate™ with the right training and protocols can help you open with confidence each day.
Please visit our website at www.RejuvenateDisinfectants.com to learn more about how Rejuvenate™ can help protect your facility.
For Further Media Information or to set up an interview with Nicole Kenny, please contact:
Hudes Communications International
1 (646) 727- 7197