Massage Envy® Experts Offer Tips on How to Relieve Stress
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) August 13, 2009 — It is estimated that more than 19 million people across the nation suffer from stress and anxiety each year, and 33% of Americans experience job burn-out at some point in their careers due to the demands of the work place.
Observe National Relaxation Day with these helpful tips from Massage Envy. Massage therapy helps reduce the heart rate, lower blood pressure, and increase blood circulation, enabling the body to experience a highly-relaxed state of mental alertness and an enhanced capacity to feel calm. The stress-relieving benefits of massage therapy can lead to a healthier and more energetic lifestyle.
Massage Envy, the leading provider of massage therapy in the United States, has experts available to share practical tips and insights on relieving stress and rejuvenating the body.
1. Head First Into Relaxation – Experience an "ah ha!" moment with cranial sacral massage therapy. This gentle, noninvasive massage therapy seeks to restore misaligned bones to their proper position and is thought to eliminate the negative effects of stress as well as relieve migraine headaches, sore necks, back pain and more.
2. Bring Balance Back – Target your hands and feet with a reflexology massage therapy treatment that will release endorphins throughout your body, reducing stress and restoring equilibrium. Reflexology has been known to provide relief from tension headaches, arthritis, digestive issues and back pain.
3. Take Out Tension & Toxins – Alleviate the source of your tension through cycles of isolated pressure and release with trigger point massage therapy. The recipient actively participates through deep breathing as well as identifying the exact location and intensity of the discomfort, eliminating toxins in the muscles and releasing energizing endorphins.
4. Melt Away The Day – Treat yourself to hot stone massage therapy and melt away tension, ease muscle stiffness, and boost circulation and metabolism. The placement of smooth, water-heated stones at key points on the body allow for deeper relaxation of the muscles and provide full muscle and tissue relaxation, which in turn releases more toxins and improves circulation.
5. Channel Inner Serenity – In addition to massage therapy, soothing music can encourage relaxation, increase energy, reduce the effects of stress and restore balance to mind, body and soul. Listening to sounds of nature is an effective way to ease your senses.
American Psychological Association and The American Institute of Stress
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/08/prweb2746794.htm.