MASSAGE Magazine (www.massagemag.com) publishes an annual directory of educators, businesses and manufacturers serving the massage and spa fields. Our 2014 Buyers Guide is packed with information about the goods and services therapists can use in sessions and to run their businesses. This year’s issue also features a special Product Showcase.
The issue is rounded out by these feature articles:
• “Are You Covered? Liability Insurance Protects Your Practice,” which covers the reasons a massage therapist should carry liability insurance, along with basic facts about what such coverage tends to entail and some of the most common reasons clients bring lawsuits against massage therapists.
• “Apps for Your Practice,” which details apps to help therapists learn anatomy and massage techniques, explore modalities such as aromatherapy, streamline business practices and provide music for sessions.
• “Massage Therapists Reach Out: Volunteer Organizations Provide Relief from Pain and Stress,” a celebration of the volunteer opportunities available to massage therapists.
• “Research Supports the Efficacy of Massage,” a compendium of research studies reported by MASSAGE Magazine.
• “National and State Exam Resources,” featuring online sources, books and flashcards.
• “Glossary of Massage and Bodywork Techniques,” an alphabetized listing of all major massage and bodywork systems and techniques.