Burr Ridge, Ill. (November 1, 2017)—The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) announced today it is seeking candidates to fill three available positions on its Certification Board. The organization seeks two (2) Practitioner Members and one (1) Public Member. Candidates must submit a completed application by Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 5:00pm CT.
Certificants will elect two Practitioner members and one Public Member to the Certification Board in February 2018. One Practitioner position is a two (2) year term, and one is a three (3) year term; the term of the Public Member is two (2) years. All terms begin with the Board’s annual meeting in March 2018.
Practitioner Member candidates must:
- Be currently NCBTMB Board Certified and maintain the certification throughout the term
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in therapeutic massage and/or bodywork
Public Member candidates may not:
- Be a Certificant holding the Board Certification credential
- Be a practitioner of therapeutic massage and/or bodywork within three (3) years of election
- Have any material financial interest in the field of therapeutic massage and/or bodywork
All candidates must:
- Agree to abide by NCBTMB’s Conflict of Interest Policy and Code of Conduct for Volunteers
- Not hold a national level of office in another competing massage/bodywork professional or trade organization
- Commit to the time and travel necessary to be a fully participating member of the Board, including attendance at meetings and serving as a liaison to committees
For more information, or to download an application, please visit www.ncbtmb.org.
Completed applications must be received by Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. CT. Applications must be emailed to or faxed to 866-401-1890, Attn: Elections.