Americans are working more than ever, which could lead to more stress and the need for relaxation effected by modalities like massage therapy.
A new survey by LastMinuteTravel.com found that 45 percent of working Americans did not use all of their vacation days in 2009, and 39 percent admitted to losing 10 or more vacation days. The survey also found that more than 78 percent of Americans plan to repeat this pattern in 2010.
Massage therapists might use this information in marketing materials, to help potential clients take advantage of the mini vacation a massage session offers.
Among the survey results:
• Thirty-five percent of respondents would choose a beach vacation to relax and unwind
• Nineteen percent would choose a cruise
• Sixteen percent would visit a family theme park
• Fifteen percent would drive cross-country
LastMInute Travel is a site that promotes reduced-rate hotel prices, airlines and cruise deals.
• Workplace Depression Hurts-Can Massage Help?