SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA – ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, an approved provider for continuing education by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), has announced a new course offering: The Power of Design: Healthy Buildings, Healthy Communities.
The Power of Design: Healthy Buildings, Healthy Communities (2 contact hours; $20. Expiration date: Nov. 20, 2015.)
Course description: Today’s health-care leaders face myriad challenges in providing safe, effective, high-quality care for patients while creating a work environment that supports the health and well-being of staff. The design of their facilities plays a critical role in these two vital aspects of care.
The goal of this course is to examine design elements that support healing environments, including evidence-based design (EBD), “green” practices, sustainability, physical security, cultural responsiveness, building design, furnishings, and wayfinding in health-care facilities.
Learning objectives: Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
1. Explain why the development of healing organizations is important in today’s health-care industry.
2. Describe the elements of evidence-based design that impact health care.
3. List reasons why effective design affects the organization’s bottom line.
4. Discuss green guidelines for health care.
5. Explain the importance of sustainability to health-care organizations.
6. Discuss the importance of physical security to health-care facilities.
7. Describe the role of cultural responsiveness in health-care facility design.
8. Explain the characteristics of furnishings that create healing spaces.
9. Discuss the role of wayfinding in health care design.
10. Identify wayfinding elements that support healing environments.
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions began in 1994 as a developer of more than 200 vocational, baccalaureate and master’s-level degree programs for schools and colleges. ALLEGRA quickly expanded, creating more than 300 online courses and content for more than 2,000 U.S. schools and colleges, customizing content for publishers, writing two highly successful books and achieving national endorsements for the quality of their work. ALLEGRA’s courses and certificates have been nationally accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation, the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) and other accrediting agencies. For a complete list of courses, visit www.allegralearning.com.