From the MASSAGE Magazine article titled “Hospital Spas: A Prosperous Partnership,” by Associate Editor Chris Towery, in the July 2008 issue. Article summary: Hospitals are incorporating in-house spas to better serve patients and stand out among the competition—and the rise of these spas is uniting the health-care and spa industries
while creating a host of new employment opportunities for massage therapists.
Check out these hospital spas to learn more about their spa services and employment opportunities they offer massage therapists.
- Beyond Spa, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, New Jersey, www.humc.com, (201) 996-4500
- Garden Day Spa, Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston, Texas, www.memorialhermann.org, (713) 448-4772
- Inner Spa, Condell Medical Center, Libertyville, Illinois, http://crbrenne.tripod.com/P7, (847) 990-5900
- Ology, Clarian West Medical Center, Avon, Indiana; and Clarian North Medical Center, Carmel, Indiana, www.ologyspa.com, (317) 217-2200 (West), (317) 814-4100 (North)
- Synergy Medical Spa, Bozeman Deaconess Hospital, Bozeman, Montana, www.bozemandeaconess.org, (406) 556-5140
- The Day Spa, Florida Hospitals’ Celebration Health, Celebration, Florida, www.celebrationfitness.com, (407) 303-4444
- The Oasis Spa Banner Desert Medical Center, Mesa, Arizona, www.bannerhealth.com, (480) 512-5000
- The Healing Touch Spa, West Park Hospital, Cody Wyoming, www.westparkhospital.org, (307) 578-2755
- Thrive Integrative Medical Spa, Masonic Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, www.thrivemedspa.com, (773) 935-1600
—Chris Towery, Associate Editor