Are you using online scheduling for your massage business yet?
Clients are able to do nearly everything online today—and they want to be able to schedule their massage appointments online, too. With hectic schedules and constant phone tag, just scheduling a much-needed massage can become a hassle. If you are the solo therapist in your massage business, it is impossible to catch client calls because you are always in session. This is when offering online scheduling can be beneficial.
Your clients will appreciate the ease of being able to schedule with you online. No more phone tag; no more back and forth about which openings will work with their schedules. With online scheduling, they can see your openings right next to their schedule and find what works for them. Whether it’s early in the morning or the middle of the night, your clients can schedule an appointment.
There are a few ways you can utilize online scheduling to fill your appointments.
1. At the beginning of the week, send an e-mail to your client list with openings in your schedule for the week. Include a link to your online scheduler, so they can immediately go and request a time. You won’t have to sit by the phone or return calls at the end of the day because appointment requests will be waiting for your approval—and it will only take a few clicks of the mouse! Note: When e-mailing clients, be sure to use the blind carbon copy (BCC) feature. Clients will not like having their e-mail address visible for your entire contact list. It’s professional and proper e-mail etiquette to BCC.
2. Add your schedule link to your website and any online presence you have (Facebook, LinkedIn, blog, etc.).
3. Change your voicemail to reflect that you offer online scheduling. “Leave a message, or schedule online at .” Watch the voicemail messages decrease and the online bookings increase.
4. Create a QR code that directs clients to your online scheduler. If your online scheduler doesn’t already offer QR codes, Google “free QR code generator” and you’ll find options to do this yourself.
- Put your QR code on your business card.
- Turn a missed opportunity for a walk-in into an appointment by placing a QR code decal in your studio window. Don’t forget to add your business info, logo and the phrase “Scan this code to schedule online!”
- Add the QR code to shirts and wear them around town or for your work uniform. A QR code on a shirt is sure to get people’s attention and may spark a conversation.
5. E-mail your scheduling link to clients and ask them for referrals. They can easily forward the link to their friends, who can then immediately schedule an appointment. Word-of-mouth is the best advertising, and oftentimes, you just need to ask your clients to send you referrals. By making it effortless, you’ll increase the amount of referrals sent your way.
Therapists using online scheduling cite the following benefits:
- Not having to return phone calls in the middle of their hectic day to schedule clients.
- Clients having the ability to schedule 24/7.
- Conversions of clients who never leave voicemails.
- Brings in new clients.
- Increases professional image.
- Clients booking more appointments and further out.
- Auto e-mail reminders decrease no-shows.
- Client contact info available at the click of a mouse.
Offering online scheduling to your clients simplifies booking an appointment with you. They will appreciate the convenience, and you will love your booked schedule.
Cindy Iwlew is co-founder of Bodywork Buddy Massage Software, a complete online management solution for independent massage therapists that includes online scheduling. She continues to operate her private massage practice of 13 years, and has been an associate instructor for Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy since 2007. For more information, visit www.BodyworkBuddy.com.